Saturday, December 29, 2007

 

BKK Photos - Hui

I'm ashamed that Serene has posted her bkk trip but i have long yet to do so.
So here it is! Photos galore!

In the weeeee morning, we set off from Serene's house. Never leave home without a pic of our beloved Changi Airport.
I am excited!


I can't believe I'm back in Bangkok, it has been 2 years since I last stepped into the Land of Smiles..
Oh so familiar..

..the blooody long queue..

..and their never-ending expresssways.


Back to our dear Serene, from the minute she stepped onto the plane, her hands never left her precious notebook.
She records everything..on the plane..

and you will catch her recording expenses and blahblah..our we are having ice cream.


For Day 1, didn't do (i mean..buy) much. We rushed to the malls straight after checking in. Was rather disappointed as we hit the wrong malls which sell stuff mostly out of our budget. Nevertheless, I found JS's favourite shop while we were in bkk 2 years ago..his Liverpool shop, it's still there!


AND my favourite shop 'Loft', bought a few plant kits that you can grow 'hair' (bean-sprout alike) from a small cute cartoon head. I love it!


We did hit MBK, but my loot was only so-so lah..


That's mainly it, afterwhich we went back to the hotel for lotsa photowhoring moments. Me and a cowboy hat, stylo milo enough?



Day 2 - A VERY very very VERY lovely day
We went crazy. full stop. We shopped like all malls would be closed forever the next day.

Chinatown was our first stop and I'm so glad Serene acceded to my request to visit that holy place, appreciated it babe!
Alleys after alleys of treasures waiting to be dug, from bags to earrings to christmas gifts. Imagine this, a pack of diamentes hair clips going for S$2. But it's not easy to navigate Chinatown as it's bloody big, lanes are narrow and you have to keep watching out for stunt motorists..and it's really very packed in some areas.


We went Chinatown then we headed to Platinum Mall and then to Suan lum. You can check out my loot at the end of the entry. A foot massage at every 2 hour shopping interval is strongly encouraged. I'm glad I took Serene's advice to give the massage a shot, it's SO worth it.


We did our nails at Suan Lum too.


And we managed to catch the beautiful fireworks, we are 2 lucky gers!


Last Day in Bkk
We visited Chatuchak, didn't get to visit this place when I was here the last time round. We enter this place with our small bags..


And we came out with these! Absolutely satisfying trip!


We found this poster and Serene insisted on doing this in public..hai..


Our last night in Bkk, we had our second Swensen desserts. Check out Serene's masterpiece.



So that's it for our 3 days in Bkk.. lai qu cong cong..


My Loot. Day 1,2,3 respectively for the below pictures..(lazy laah)




And some of my fabulous buy. My burner at only S$1+! Cap at about S$8, bags at S$11+.



Ok, so you have also heard about the infamous videos of bkk shopping afterthoughts, directed by our dear Serene. Can't put it up here, but will share it with you all soon ya.

So who wanna go bkk with us again??? I think Serene is planning another one next year...

Comments:
Me me me me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home